The workshop on Capacity building with Students, Parents and Teachers, funded by the EU Regional Action “IPA II 2016 Regional Action on P/CVE in the Western Balkans” and implemented as a component part of IISG/WBCTi is organised by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) on 22 May 2019 in Pristina.
This workshop aims to identify lessons learned and good practices; discuss specific approaches to empower and support local communities, education and family members as P/CVE actors and to make recommendations in support to the implementation of whole-of-society approach within the framework of overall P/CVE strategies.
The program/project “Civil Society for Good Governance and Anti-Corruption in Southeast Europe: Capacity Building for Monitoring, Advocacy and Awareness Raising (SELDI)”, co-funded by IPA multi-country programme is implemented by the Southeast Europe Leadership for Development and Integrity Network (SELDI), whose coordinator is the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC).
The aim is to improve the early exchange of intelligence at the international level, introduce unified international standards for the investigation and prosecution of the criminal offence of terrorism, and guarantee secure and lawful exchange of personal data. Specific project objectives:
- enhance capability for recognising main threats and aspects which promote radicalisation;
- assist in better understanding of international/EU best practices and policies dealing with radicalisation and recruitment;
- raise awareness at the strategic and systemic levels, thus enabling the relevant stakeholders to use the measures for identifying the triggering factors of radicalisation;
- support countries to be able to identify their own potential, competent stakeholders and their role;
- transfer best practices developed with an array of approaches, lessons learned and practices when they are appropriate for targeted countries,;
- enable regular exchange of information via the SIENA network (i.e. Europol’s Secure Information Exchange Network Application) and the exchange of best practices, modi operandi in operational best practices via the CTI network.